Baby corn Manchurian Recipe | How to make Baby corn Manchurian
Baby corn Manchurian is a scrumptious Indo-Chinese appetizer popular for its crispy, spicy, and sour taste. It is a street snack in which these fritters are sautéed in sauces to prepare Manchurian.
It is a popular street snack that is enjoyed by people of all ages and is often served as an appetizer at Indian Chinese restaurants.
As soon as we hear the word “Manchurian,” our mouths start watering. It is an Indian Chinese dish that is the product of Chinese cooking being combined with Indian spices.
It is made by combining sauces and spices with onions, capsicum, and spring onions.
By mastering this recipe’s Manchurian sauce, we can prepare this dish with any vegetables, chicken, paneer, or mushrooms simply by substituting the main component.
This is a very simple and easy-to-make dish that we can make in minutes at home in street style yet with a healthy approach without the use of artificial fasteners and colors.
The first step in preparing this dish is to make Baby corn fritters, followed by making the sauce, and then tossing it all together.
First, prepare the fritters by deep frying them after dipping them in a batter made of cornflour, all-purpose flour, and spices.
The sauce must then be made using a mixture of sauces as well as corn starch, ginger, and garlic.
Finally, we sauté the fritters in the sauce combination with plenty of onions, capsicum, spring onions, and spices to give the dish just the right crunch and taste.
Serve these delectable Baby corn Manchurian hot as an appetizer alongside noodles, fried rice, or simply as a starter.
How to make Baby corn Manchurian
- Clean and thoroughly wash 250gms baby corn in water, then cut it diagonally.
2. Pour boiling water over them and set aside for 5 minutes. Drain the water and make sure they don’t have excess water.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine 2tbsp cornflour, 4tbsp all-purpose flour, 1/2tsp red chili powder, salt as required, and 1/2tsp pepper, then add ¼th cup water and stir to make a thin batter.
4. Add baby corn and coat them with the batter.
5. Drop them into the hot oil and fry them till golden brown.
6. Remove them from oil and place them on a tissue to remove extra oil. Set them aside.
7. In a separate pan, heat 1 tsp oil and sauté finely chopped 1tsp ginger and 1tbsp garlic for 1 min, till the raw smell goes.
8. Then, add 4-5 green chiles and 1/2 cup diced onions and sauté for 1-2 minutes, or until they are caramelized.
9. Saute 1/2 cup diced bell peppers/capsicum for a minute.
10. Add in 1tsp soy sauce, 1tsp vinegar, and 1tbsp Tomato sauce. To balance the flavor, add a pinch of sugar.
11. Next, add corn starch (1tsp cornflour diluted in ¼th cup water) and stir well. Allow the sauce to thicken.
12. Now, add the fritters and 1/2 cup spring onions, toss them on high flame for less than a minute before turning off the heat.
13. Serve these scrumptious mouthwatering Baby corn Manchurian as an appetizer alongside any meal
Baby corn Manchurian
For babycorn fritters
- 250 gms Baby corn
- 4 cups Hot water
- 2 tbsp Corn flour
- 4 tbsp All-purpose flour
- ½ tsp Pepper
- ½ tsp Red chili powder
- Salt as required
- Oil For deep frying
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Ginger Finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Garlic Finely chopped
- 4 Green Chilies Slit
- 1 Onions (large) Cubed
- 1 Capsicum (large) Cubed
- 1 tsp Soya sauce
- 1 tbsp Tomato sauce
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- ½ cup Corn starch
- ½ cup Spring onions
For babycorn fritters
- Clean and thoroughly wash the baby corn in water, then cut the baby corn diagonally.
- Pour boiling water over the sliced baby corn and set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cornflour, all-purpose flour, red chili powder, salt, and pepper, then add ¼th cup water and stir to make a thin batter.
- Add baby corn and coat them with the batter.
- Drop the coated baby corn into the hot oil and fry them till golden brown.
- Remove them from oil and place them on a tissue to remove extra oil. Set them aside.
- In a separate pan, heat 1 tsp oil and sauté finely chopped ginger and garlic for 1 min, or until the raw smell is gone.
- Then, add the green chiles and diced onions and sauté for 1-2 minutes, or until they are caramelized.
- Saute the diced bell peppers/capsicum for a minute.
- Add in the soy sauce, vinegar, and Tomato sauce. To balance the flavor, add a pinch of sugar.
- Next, add corn starch (1tsp cornflour diluted in ¼th cup water) and stir well. Allow the sauce to thicken.
- Now, add the baby corn fritters and spring onions, toss them on high flame for less than a minute before turning off the heat.
- Serve these scrumptious mouthwatering Baby corn Manchurian as an appetizer alongside any meal.
- Make sure to thoroughly clean the young corns and soak them in boiling water for 5-10 minutes.
- The batter should not be too thin or too thick, but it should fully coat the baby corn.
- Do not toss the baby corn in the sauce mixture for too long, they turn soggy