EASY CHICKEN MASALA RECIPE
Easy chicken masala recipe – Chicken masala is a popular Indian non-vegetarian dish prepared with flavoring the chicken in spices and fried onions.
In India, we prepare it in many styles depending on one’s cuisine and taste. However, this recipe is the one that is prepared quickly, delightfully, and mouthwateringly.
This is an easy and quick recipe that helps beginners cook with ease. This recipe calls for very basic ingredients with no marination.
I have prepared this dish in a semi-dry form, you can modify it to dry form by evaporating all the water and to gravy form by increasing the amount of water.
The fresh, succulent pieces of chicken have to be chosen for making this recipe. Tender and soft the pieces, the tastier and lip-smacking is the dish.
Flavorings like coconut, cashews, almonds, poppy seeds, or sesame seeds enhance the taste and induce richness. Considering the nutritional benefits and the richness they produce, I have used cashews in this recipe.
For 1 kg of chicken, firstly I fried the onions to golden brown and add chicken and sautéd until the flavor of fried-onions induced into it. Next, I added ginger-garlic paste and then the curd for the tangy and creamy texture. Further, I added in the spices, tomatoes, cooked on low flame, and allowed it to take up the spices. Next, to enhance the richness I add cashew paste and cook for good 10 mins until it is cooked completely. Lastly, I finished it off by adding pepper, lemon juice, coriander leaves, mint leaves, and Kasuri methi.
How to make Chicken masala
- In a wide pan, add oil and saute cumin, fennel seeds, cloves, and cinnamon until they turn aromatic
2. Add the sliced onions and fry them until golden brown.
3. Add in the chicken and fry for 5-10 mins with the fried onions on medium flame
4. Next, add in ginger-garlic paste and a cup of curd. Saute
5. Add salt, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala, and turmeric. Mix
6. Add water and chopped tomatoes. Cook it on low flame until it is 3/4th cooked.
7. Flavor it with cashew paste. Cook on medium heat until the masala is 3/4th dried up and coated on the pieces.
8. Finish off the gravy by adding pepper, lemon juice, coriander leaves, mint leaves, and Kasuri methi.
9. Serve hot with roti, naan, chapati, or plain rice
Easy chicken masala
- 1 kg Chicken
- 2 tbsp Oil
- ¼ tsp Cumin
- ½ tsp Fennel (saunf)
- 2 Cloves
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 2 Onions finely sliced
- 2 tbsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 1 cup Curd
- as per taste Salt
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- ¾ tsp Garam masala
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- few strands Coriander leaves
- few strands Mint leaves
- 2 tbsp Kasuri methi
- In a wide pan, add oil and saute cumin, fennel seeds, cloves, and cinnamon until they turn aromatic.
- Add the sliced onions and fry them until golden brown.
- Add in the chicken and fry for 5-10 mins with the fried onions on medium flame.
- Next, add in ginger-garlic paste and a cup of curd.
- Saute add salt, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala, and turmeric.
- Mix Add water and chopped tomatoes. Cook the chicken on low flame until the chicken is 3/4th cooked.
- Flavor the chicken with cashew paste. Cook on medium heat until the masala is 3/4th dried up and coated on the chicken pieces.
- Finish off the chicken masala by adding pepper, lemon juice, coriander leaves, mint leaves, and Kasuri methi.
- Serve hot with roti, naan, chapati, or plain rice
- Choose the bone-in chicken pieces for getting the authentic taste.
- Fry the onions until golden brown to enhance the taste of this semi-dry chicken masala recipe. If not the sweetness in the onions will be induced into the chicken masala.
- It is very important to cook the chicken perfectly, or else the meat falls off the bones.
- Use tomato puree instead of chopped tomatoes for more gravy.